Search for anything

Scavenge your bliss

Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Copper that I have scavenged



Bare Bright Copper
 Scavenge Scrap Copper










After scavenging and stripping copper for over a span of two years I have accumulated a mound of insulated wire and a small amount of bare bright. The small amount of bare bright that I spent a long time stripping only amounted to 13 pounds.... at 2.20 a pound did not seem to be worth the time I had spent.
The rest of the wire was graded at insulated 50/50 but I had around 130 pounds of that.
Overall the end result was about 175 dollars...The effort to collect all the copper was not very difficult so this is a viable source of secondary income. I was even considering applying to work at the place.
Stripped Scrap Copper
I feel pretty good about the wire that I could recycle because most of it came form an old farm. I went with a friend to his family farm while he did some other maintenance while I began stripping the place of all discarded wire. It took me a while to eventually gather and secure all of the scrap but eventually I got it done and in return for recycling I got about 175$
Scrap Copper

No comments: