Search for anything

Scavenge your bliss

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Home Energy Saving Tip For the Day

attic Insulation
If you have bought an older home or a new home for that matter you need to check out the attic insulation. Just recently I bought an older house that had literally 4 inches of old compressed insulation, and our heating and cooling bill was enormous. I took the time and about 600$ to insulate the attic myself....we got a pretty good rebate from the government for doing this insulation.Check and see if that energy credit is still available. It is a bit of hard work but you will really notice the difference right away. Check your local listings for contractors and rebates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My house still has the original 1960s insulation in the attic, and it definitely loses a lot of heat. It's one of the things I have to save up for, especially to take advantage of energy tax breaks. It must be awesome to be able to do it yourself, though.